Saturday, September 22, 2012

Travel with a toddler

I travel for work 2 or 3 times a month for about 2 or 3 days at a time and i try to bring my 16 month old son with me if I can.  Owen has made 39 round trip flights in his life and I have a 4 year old who has made more then I can count.   For me these are the top 10 Toddler essentials when traveling by plane.

10. Mashups
Organic fruit in an easy to eat snack that is no mess! You can find them at Target.

9. I-pad w/ toddler apps
The I-pad not only has great apps for the small people you can also download your son or daughters favorite books.
  best 4 apps
   1. Laugh & Learn Shapes & Colors Music Show for Baby by Fisher Price (it is free)
   2. AlphaBaby (1.00)
   3. Drawing Pad (2.00)
   4.  Peekaboo Barn (3.00)



8. No spill Bowls
You can fill these bad boys up with snacks and your toddler cant spill them all over. You can get them at Target.

7. Dum dum's
These are just the best! They can help with the change of air pressure on the ears or give you a way to keep them happy for some time and they are the best bribe.

6. Tylenol
For the truck size migraine you get from the 50/50 chance your toddler will act like an insane monkey.

5. Hand Sanitizer
All i am going to say is i have 5 reasons i always travel with this magic in a bottle. 
3. mile high club (yuck to the things people do on planes)
2. My son rolling around on airport floors
1. not having to deal with a drenching washing hands on the plane and airport ( see 6 for reason why)



  

4.Dinosaur Squishimal Set 

 This set of squishy dinosaurs are a fun toy for toddlers [and grown-ups as well]. They are made of very soft rubber. So because they are soft they will not hurt when thrown and will not pock your eye out.

http://www.amazon.com/Dinosaur-Squishimal






3. Extra Shirt for you
Always travel with dark colors on because with a toddler you just never know. I always bring an extra shirt for me and I use it about 30% of the time. 


2. Window seat
Always get a window seat! the extra distraction of what is going outside and the 1 inch of more space is a must have in my book!
1. Maclaren Volo Stroller
This stroller can take a beating getting gate checked. best toddler travel stroller ever made i also have the two seat model and we love it!

After you travel have a glass of wine to relax!  


 

No comments:

Post a Comment