Friday, February 4, 2011

Fish and Feet




I will be the first to tell you i am addicted to getting pedicures. I get them in airports (Thank you St.Louis it is your only redeeming Quality),between my cut and color at the salon,on days that are -20, on days that are 100 degrease, anytime i feel the calling. But this new Pedicure that some high end Salons are starting to offer i will never even try!



The fish used at the spa are Garra Rufa – a small, toothless variety of carp, sometimes known as the doctor fish or Kangal fish. They’re used to treat various skin conditions, psorasis in particular, and have long been a spa treatment in Turkey.

I am not even going to get into how dirty this water with fish in it must be. also other peoples feet go in the same water and they are dirty as well. Also small fish die easily and you might see some floaters.

Please let me know if any of you get this!

3 comments:

  1. There's a place near our house that does them. A friend goes to them, and asked all about it. They clean the tanks out every night, and have separate tanks for the fish that aren't "in use". Since the water gets flushed every day, it's pretty clean. That being said, I wouldn't do it....but I do my own pedicures given the germ-o-phobe that I am. = )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, so are you taking me to get this or not? I'm intrigued!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't care how much they clean the water they are still bottom feeder fish! Alisa i will take you to get one but i am not going to get it i will experience it throw you.

    ReplyDelete