Wednesday, March 9, 2011

I think you need a little Jesus


So today is Ash Wednesday and being the good Catholic i am embracing the season of lent. I have decided to do two different things for lent this year and one of them is to take Bailey to mass every Sunday. Last year i also took bailey to mass every Sunday but we could only stay for 15 min. You may ask why only 15 min? Well the fact that as soon as we walked into the church she would act like a demon may be why. No joke Father knew her by name by the end of lent because she was always walking out as he was walking in to do mass. This year i hope we can make it to the first reading at least. Bailey has been out of control as of late and i always tell her i think she needs a little Jesus to pull herself together. So maybe making it to the speaking part of mass will help give her a little Jesus.

On a different note and sort of a selfish note i have always had this j-crew/Ralph Lauren idea of being that good looking family at mass like the Kennedy's. In truth i feel in my family i am the only one that can hold up this look for now. I let Bailey pick out her own cloths so i more then likely have a wonder pet or a princess with me. As for Mr. Real Estate he is a good looking man but he often dose open houses on Sundays. Also my mom would tell me story's about when she was a girl she would go shopping with my grandma and Gammie after mass dressed to the nines including little white gloves. I would love to do that with Baily but she is not interested at this time. So I will have to put this idea on hold for the time being!

2 comments: